Customer Feedback for Procore Technologies, Inc.

Welcome to the Customer Feedback Forum for Procore.

We’d like to hear any ideas you have for how we can improve Procore. Please use this forum to suggest features you’d like to see added to Procore. You may also vote and comment on product ideas suggested by other Procore users.

This forum is actively monitored by Procore’s Product Management Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Models and Coordination Issues to be linked to drawings

Similar to RFI's and Observations it would be helpful to link a model and/or coordination issue to the drawings for reference to the field and other team members who are not directly involved with the BIM process.

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Procore Okta
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Apply sections in the model tool (mobile and web)

Please add functionality to the models tool on mobile (and web) to allow the user to cut a section plane through the model elements to better understand the way the project is to be built.

The ability to cut a section or apply a section box to the model within the mobile tool and web tool would be an extremely useful feature which would put the Procore models tool ahead of BIM360 Glue in functionality.

I attached an image showing an example section cut which lets one see the relationship between duct and pipe and lights and the ceiling in…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Measure from point to point in model

The mobile model viewer really needs a measurement option where the user can select by touch a point A and B and measure between them. The option to measure between two objects exists, but it's not enough. We use BIM360 Glue during installation. We want to use the Procore model viewer and think it's on the right track, but without a point to point measurement feature, it's not useful.

For example: you cannot measure pipe spacing in an understandable way (i.e., center to center) because the only option is to measure the gap between the pipes.

Along with this, there…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NWD file download from the Model tool

The Model tool on the Procore website should allow you to download the NWD file so you can view it in Navis instead of just on the Procore viewer. Currently you have to save a NWD to the documents tab as well as publish the new model to the Models tool. This would save a step and make it easier for the entire project team to access the latest NWD file.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Coordination Issues Plugin: Navis Viewpoint Export Visibility Settings

Coordination Issues Plugin: Honor Navisworks Setting for "Save Hide/Required Attribute" when saving out an NWD with Issue viewpoints. Currently any hidden geometries in a coordination view are not captured in the viewpoint exports.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Procore BIM (Model Viewer) for Android

Procore BIM (Model Viewer) for Android

49 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sectioning in Models Tool

Sectioning in the Models tool similar to this function in Navis and other mobile model viewers.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We have shared your post with the development teams. We will update this space if we have any questions or change the status.

Sectioning of the model within the Models tool is not currently being worked on. This said, Procore is currently working on the functionality to import viewpoints into the Models tool to allow users to select specific viewpoints.

8. Coordination Issues, need Number and Activity to be reportable

The custom reporting (in the reports tool) is lacking for the CI. It needs to offer the ability to include:
    1) a link in the pdf export to the CI in question
    2) the CI # (I don't know how this isn't already a thing)
    3) the option to add the "activity" to the report
    4) Assignee company

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Model Hierarchy in Web Model Viewer

I just used the web based model viewer after being strictly on my iPad with my field teams after I pushed updated models out; it's awesome, and thank you for implementing that.

My suggestion is to allow us the ability to highlight/hide elements just as we can in Procore--with the same hierarchy. For this to be truly valuable; I need to be able to tell which system is clashing with another or what's running where, and right now; I can't really do that, it's just a visual tool for field teams to use lightly.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Include RFI # in Reporting for Coordination Issues

The reporting for Coordination Issues needs the "Linked Item Number" as shown in your API endpoints to be part of your reporting for easier access. This is a crucial element to allow companies to understand how many of their CI's have turned into RFIs.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the Models tool available in Procore Custom Reporting

Clients want to know how many models have been published throughout all of the projects they have in Procore. Adding to custom reporting could solve this issue and others!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automated publishing of models to Procore BIM

Automated Model publishing for Procore BIM. Publishing very large models can be time consuming and monotonous. The customer would like to be able to publish directly from their cloud storage at a preset time so team members aren't spending working time waiting for the model to process in Navis.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Revit Plug-In for Coordination Issues

A plug-in to Revit similar to the current plug-in to Navis would allow for designers to interact more seamlessly with the Coordination Issues tool.

30 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed - Not Prioritized for Development  ·  4 comments  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stay within Coordination Issue Once New Issue is Created

Once a Coordination Issue is created via the NavisWorks plugin I would like to see the tool stay within that created Coordination Issue - instead of automatically sending you back to the list of Issues - so it's easier/faster to access the Issue Activity. If I want to add activity right off the bat (which is most cases), sending me back to the Issues List creates an unnecessary amount of wasted time with extra clicks and having to navigate to the Issue; whereas it would only be one additional click if it stayed in the Issue and I wanted to…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add/Edit Screenshots for Issue

Allow new screen shots to be added to an existing coordination tool. Currently once an issue is created, new screen shots can only be added in the comments section

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Models - Measurements Tool Should Measure Longest Distance

Currently, the measurement tool only measures shortest distance. We would like to have the option to select what side of the object to measure. It would also be very beneficial if we could measure the area.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Models view to see all published models across all projects

Create a report or visible option to see all models that have been published across all projects.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alternative BIM Programmes

Hi

Can we get devs working on alternatives to Autodesk Navisworks?
    Suggestion would be to work with Autodesk Bim360, this also allow for others working with ArchiCad to use it and is not limited to Autodesk users.

Would this be something the dev team would be willing to work on?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Trade/Discipline Field when Creating Coordination Issues

great to filter by assignee company, but large projects have multiple subs for the same trade and for various reporting purposes we need that info

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VDC  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Toggle Between Model Versions

It would be helpful to be able to toggle between different versions of the model within the Models mobile and web viewer.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base