Customer Feedback for Procore Technologies, Inc.

Welcome to the Customer Feedback Forum for Procore.

We’d like to hear any ideas you have for how we can improve Procore. Please use this forum to suggest features you’d like to see added to Procore. You may also vote and comment on product ideas suggested by other Procore users.

This forum is actively monitored by Procore’s Product Management Team.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Specification Markups

Create the ability to markup spec sections just like drawings. Many markups apply to both drawings and specs.

651 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Procore
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

101 comments  ·  Drawings & Specifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Project Closeout Documentation

I would like to see a tab for project closeout paperwork i.e manuals, warranties etc. Ideally you could send out a request much like an RFI or punch list item that would have a due date for said materials to be submitted. These items are usually hard to gather and a daily email reminder may help expedite the process

583 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drawing Comparison on Mobile Need to be Available on Website also!

All those fancy things you can do with drawings in the mobile app like flip the drawing around, or realign comparison drawings needs to be available on the computer web version of Procore as well. Much easier to compare drawings on larger screens so that's where I could better use this feature instead of on a mobile device, although that is nice also.

557 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Drawings & Specifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specify/Filter Data to be Extracted

Currently, the Extract feature pulls all data from a given tool. It would be beneficial if the data that is extracted could be specified by the user in order to maximize the efficiency of the Extracts tool (i.e excluding empty days from the Daily Log)

538 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple Assignees for Tasks

There should be an ability to assign a task to multiple people. If a task is to be completed by multiple people, it helps.

491 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 478 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Project Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update on this re-release. Phase 1 has been released to all Sandbox Test Projects. This phase updates the response modal to improve attachment management. GA release of this phase is expected shortly.

Phase 2 of the re-release will give users the ability to markup, add a new Procore-generated cover page and stamp PDF attachments on Submittals within Procore. This space will be updated with a timeline after the Phase 1 release.

This two phase approach is being used to minimize impact on current workflows.

Thank you so much for your feedback and support!

7. Calendar vs Working Days

There needs to be a setting that doesn't count weekends into the due date equation. Be it a check box setting for the RFIs or even a project master setting, this is extremely important. Three working days are much different than three calendar - if you put an RFI in on a Friday afternoon and then its due on Monday and no one has even had a chance to open it, let alone provide a response.

In addition to excluding weekends and only calculating based on business days only, a really great function would be calculating days based on time.…

470 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bulk Edit Workflows

Bulk edit workflows - You should be able to bulk edit any workflow by package and by subcontractor - even if the workflow has already begun (locked) in case that particular individual leaves the project. Should be applicable for the CM, subcontractors, and A/E's. Currently you can only edit one single workflow at the time.

447 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Project Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We currently have the first release that will begin to address bulk editing workflows ready – “Bulk Replace”. This functionality will allow a user to be replaced by another within the Submittals workflows.

For the initial release, these edits can be requested via support and/or your account manager. Please reach out if you need to quickly replace users in a workflow. We fully intend to make this user-facing, but want to make sure it is working as requested.

Please note, this currently only changes names, not dates.

We are not stopping here, but feel this release will have a huge impact on the need to bulk edit workflows.

9. Granular Email Notifications - Tasks

When the configuration "cog" is added, it would be helpful if it had a section for email notifications, (just like RFI's have) so that you can choose how you want notifications to occur.

When a task is created currently, you get a notification email of that. However, you get no notifications of any activity afterwards. You should be able to choose which notifications you get for the following events:

1. When a comment is added to the task, creator or assignee (and eventual distribution list) get an email notifying them of that. It should be built so that the person…

430 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to drag and drop files directly from Outlook into Procore

I want to be able to drag an attachment open in my Outlook email app (desktop) into my Procore browser.

This would speed up the process right now of needing to drag the attachment to my desktop first.

427 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Project Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all-
    We wanted to provide an update and give some insights into this idea. After much investigation, we have determined that this functionality is not something that Microsoft Outlook currently supports. In order to make dragging and dropping of files and emails from Outlook into a browser, it would require an application to be installed on individual devices. A few people have posted comments about fee-based applications like this that already exist on this thread.

Until Microsoft makes this option more feasible and better supported, Procore is currently focused on how we can help ease the burden without needing to building and installing a separate application. Many of you are already aware of the efforts being done from within Outlook via the Procore add-in. But if not, this functionality is focused an creating items in Procore from Outlook. You can learn more here: https://support.procore.com/integrations/procore-outlook-addin

We will continue to keep…

11. Specifications by Area

The new Specs tool would be great if it also had areas similar to the drawings tab.

400 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Drawings & Specifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update. Realistically this is a large scale initiative which will require considerable engineering effort which is why we have not be able to deliver this feature yet. However, we recognize the necessity and value of this particular feature.

We appreciate the patience and support and will update this post when we proceed with this improvement.

Thank you for your feedback!

12. Sub Albums

The ability to create sub-folders (or sub-albums) within a photo album. At the moment we can only display albums with a list of photos within it. This would expand the capability to group photo albums within folders or master albums, similar to what we have in the documents tool

376 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

100 comments  ·  Files & Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Time of Day customization for Procore automated emails

I want to be able to configure what time of the day I receive automated email notifications (overdue reminders, etc) from Procore.

369 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Project Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks – We are testing a brand new “Due Item Digest” and are looking for folks who would want to be included in the beta for this to solicit feedback. This email would consolidate all the user’s overdue items into one email & present the items due in the upcoming day across all projects. The email will also be indexed to the company’s time zone so you won’t get them at 1-3 am. Please reach out to me at sunny.chalam@procore.com if you would like to see the design or provide feedback on the idea. Thanks!

Regards,
    Sunny

14. Procore Sync / Procore For Desktop - Act As Drive

Is it possible to have Procore for Desktop act as a drive on your computer?

i.e. if working on a document (powerpoint, word, excel), on our computer, is it possible to “Save As” and save it directly into the project documents in Procore for Desktop?

That would eliminate having to save it to your desktop or elsewhere, and then uploading it into Procore.

366 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Files & Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Equipment Tracking Between Projects - Master Equipment List

It would be great if there was a way to build a master list for equipment tracking between projects. For example, if we have a bobcat on one project and we move it to another project, everyone in our company could see that. If that bobcat is not in use on any project, then we could see that it's back in the master equipment list as available. This could be used to manage maintenance reminders for the equipment and insurance renewal reminders.

This is a very difficult time consuming thing for construction companies. It could range from machinery to even…

362 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed - Not Prioritized for Development  ·  115 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Duplicate email address across multiple companies

We are encountering situations where a single person acts as representative for a number of companies but channels all emails through one address. To deal with such scenarios, we would find it beneficial if Procore was able to duplicate a person's email address across multiple companies on the same directory.

343 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Required Fields Data Entry

Give customers and Company Admins the ability to select on each tool for the entire company, what fields they require when creating: Commitments, Change Orders, Prime Contract, Change Events, RFI, Submittals.

I'd rather not have to rely on the end user to fill out all the fields that I want. Currently this gives too much room for error and inconsistent data entry.

My requirements may be different from another Procore customer, but having the ability to inject my personal business process by identifying the key data entry fields for a tool will enforce my data requirements are met and thus…

338 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Web App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently released & available on the following tools:
    -Directory
    -Daily Log (Manpower, Notes, Daily Construction Report, & Observed Weather Conditions Logs)
    -Incidents
    -Observations
    -RFIs
    -Punch List

These fieldsets can be configured across all projects or individual projects.

Learn More here: https://support.procore.com/products/online/user-guide/company-level/admin/tutorials/create-new-configurable-fieldsets

We are continuing to release this throughout other tools, but please let us know if it is not meeting your expectations.

18. Group Directory by Cost Code and Trade

Group the Directory by Cost Code and Trade. Rather than having to filter by a specific trade, we would like to see all contacts group by Cost Code/Trade.

320 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Reviewed - Prioritized for Development  ·  94 comments  ·  Directory  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Combine Cover Sheet & Attachments

When exporting submittals to a PDF it would be useful if you could turn on or off the option to include the PDF export of the submittal/RFI page along with the lastest Approved or Approved as noted attachment in the work flow.

315 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Project Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BCC function on Emails sent from Emails tool

It would be helpful to have the option to BCC when sending an email from the Emails tool. We believe this would be a valuable privacy option.

314 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 522 523
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base