How can we improve Procore?

Multiple Assignees for Tasks

There should be an ability to assign a task to multiple people. If a task is to be completed by multiple people, it helps.

342 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nayan Patel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sarah Conde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task Tool – I like it; I would like to assign a task to one or more people. Be able to link it to RFI, submittal or cost code.

• Michael McDowell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think more importantly we should focus on people getting a notification when the task is complete, closed or in review.....otherwise how would anyone know?

• Dave King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the project level in task tool, be able to assign a task to multiple people and add notes so a project team can work collaboratively on it. Also a ball in court feature with email notification to each assignee ensuring a task is getting resolved/completed

• Elise Haugen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should function like the submittal workflow where you can designate whether ALL the assignees need to perform the task or just ONE assignee before the task is "completed".

• Jeff Krebs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Dana Arnold - I completely disagree. Having multiple assignees puts the ball in multiple people's courts, which should mean that it's less likely to fall through the cracks because it now has more visibility. Also, whichever one of the multiple assignees completes the task first would change the status which would remove the task from the other assignees courts, preventing someone from doing duplicate work. Making more tasks clogs the task log, increases data entry, and defeats the purpose of streamlining.

• Dana Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think adding additional assignees would allow tasks to fall through the cracks. If multiple assignees are needed, assign each individual person the same task.

• Adam Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature. I have to use alternative software for this currently.

• Joel Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also help if there were away to notify the next person in a work flow when the one person has completed the task like in an RFI ball in court message

• Amanda Fehr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will benefit the teamwork and communication in our company as often tasks require multiple people to coordinate. Tasks have been working great so far because of the email notifications. Staff get irritated from the email and finally do the task and then close it so they don't get any more notifications that it's over due!
    Tasks are a great tool and we are looking forward to more development within this tool.

• Tina Broadhurst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On most occasions we require tasks to be assigned to multiple assignee's, it is rarely only to one. Especially when you also want to alert the Project Manager that a task has been assigned for follow up. Please add this feature as a matter of urgency.

• Mike McReady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why the users are doing all the beta testing for the product after it gets launched. Are the teams speaking with trade or field users during design before rolling it out?

• Karen Gohlsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recommend Procore merge the Tasks and Punch List tools. In fact, what does the Tasks tool do that the Punch List tool doesn't? I started out using the Tasks tool until I realized that all the functionality was invested in the Punch List tool including email updates, multiple assignees, work flows, etc. Why is there a parallel tool that essentially serves the same purpose but has half the functionality?

• JP Mulhern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many construction firms have a project manager that works out of an office and superintendent or foreman that is on site that are both involved with tasks on construction projects. It would be helpful to assign both of them on a task so that one person can't say I forgot about this task and both will be constantly reminded when tasks are overdue.

• Sean Corrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tasks often have multiple assignee's so it is a bit pointless limiting this to just one person. Please allow tasks to be associated with multiple assignee's or distribution groups.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base