How can we improve Procore?

Add description/location to photo at creation in iOS/mobile app - Revert to old mobile photo experience

We have noticed that the process has changed for adding descriptions to photos we take from the Photos tool in the iOS app.

We used to be able to take the photo and have the option to add the description before saving it.

Now, we can't do this. We have to take the photo, save it, wait for it to load into our album, open it, and edit it to add in a description.

When we are taking hundreds of photos, this is time-consuming and leaves room for error - it's too easy to skip a photo and not get that description added in.

We use the description field for searching and reporting. For example, we use it to pull up all grading photos.

We need the old functionality back on this. Thank you.

121 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephanie Carlson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon Brechtelsbauer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this back! This was one of the greatest features on Procore. Several times a day I go to a room and take ten different pictures. I want to tag the room after I take them, Like you used to be able to do. Why was this feature removed?

• Mark Hackett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the ability to add a location to a photo at the time it is taken. Trying to figure it out after taking several dozen pictures can be impossible.

• Anthony Freyta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this back as it continues to cause errors and lack of production and efficiency. I was able to catch my superintendent prior to updating, but my project engineer has updated and this causes way too much work. I now am plagued with update your procore app everytime i log in. Please help fixing this thanks.

• Darla Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to add a location back while taking the photo. By the time you go back into albums to update them after the fact, its hard to determine location at that point sometimes. And having locations added to a photo is vital in searching/filtering

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever using the punch list tools, after creating a punch list item, and taking a picture of the punch item - before clicking "save" give the IOS app a marker/pen tool to mark up the photo before attaching it! This would be very helpful.

• jasmine p commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before, we would be able to take the pictures through the photos tool on the IOS phones, update the descriptions as we were taking the actual pictures and then select Next and choose the toggle for their privacy settings and to add them to the daily log. This now has seemed to change as when you take the photos in the photos tool, you no longer can add the description right away and you don’t select next, you just select close. I did find you can go back in the photos and then add the description and can add them to the daily log by selecting them and/or when in the daily log, selecting them through the photos option. It just seems the initial way was a little easier than this newer process.

• Kim A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to bulk apply the location to photos on mobile and/or add the location right away when photos are taken.

It would be great if you could add comments to pictures as soon as you take them within Procore. Helps to remember what the pic was taken for if there are field review etc...with over 100 pics.

• Alex Latham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A recent update added a couple steps to the photo editing capabilities of the ProCore app. Instead of being able to take a photo and add drawing notes to it, users have to take the picture, then open up the picture, then open up a menu to be able to note it up. This adds a small but substantial amount of time when doing a large punchlist.

• Alison Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable the Procore mobile app to edit photos at the moment they are taken for punch items. This was a feature up until a few weeks ago. The current method requires you to select the photo to edit, then the punch item saves two photos to each item: one with the edit and one without. Creating a punch item can be very time consuming, it is much quicker if the user is able to edit the photo right away.

• David Forbes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to be able to markup the photo just taken for a new punchlist photo attachment, as you can on Android. Currently you can only attach another file. Otherwise, being able to create the markup upon taking the photo, without having a duplicate un-marked up photo created as well.

• Stephanie Carlson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very helpful for our field team, if they were able to enter the description for a photo at the very moment of capture on a photo taken in the Photos tool and the Daily Log/Photos Log.

Allowing this to be added at the moment of capture helps our team to remember and accurately label the photos with their correct description.

We then use this description to identify the work in the photo.

• Daniel Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revert the process for marking up photos (on RFIs and Deficiencies) to your previous version of the software, this new process is so much more complicated and from what I can see serves no benefit. You have added in extra steps.

I agree with Douglas. This is now taking way more time and thus causing multiple steps when it was working before. This needs to be changed back to the way it was previously. I have caught some of my superintendents and have stopped them from updating the app period. To go back and add locations at a later time is not only an extra step, but a step that will likely not happen because it is a hassle to go back and decide the location where you took the photo.

PROCORE APP UPDATE
    Phot user interface was updated and no longer gives you a next option to select an album and a location for where photos are taken. Please return to previous version as we use locations all the time.

• Ali Sengoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change the Photo back to the previous version. The update is not as easy as before when you could add all the info at the time of taking the photo and then save. Due to slow loading times on the phone we cannot mark these photos up on the phone until the end of the day. Basically now we have to set aside time at the end of the day, work on the computer and go through each photo and mark them up with location, trade, activity etc. This takes a lot of time especially when we are taking up to 50 photos a day. It basically makes us use both the laptop and phone, we are using this programme to save time on site not increase it. This is a shared problem across all Site Managers.

Bring back the old camera.
    This new update for the camera is useless. I can't do half the stuff I was able to do before.

• Douglas Paterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a dozen Formen, who only have phones taking photos so they cannot add locations afterwards. This change is terrible, now instead of just adding the locations when the photos are taken. We have to take photos, then pop into the photos tool and then add locations. What once took a few seconds in one step now takes multiple sets and more time.

• Erin O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the capacity to add location to a photo at time of snap, without having to go back to the photo and edit it (iOS and mobile).

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base