How can we improve Procore?

Link Drawings from Modal in other Tools

As a user I would like to be able to link drawings to other tools without having to go to the drawing first to create a link. Adding a dropdown modal on the creation page of each tool to link a drawing would be helpful.

149 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminZenette Dorsey (Strategic Product Consultant, Procore) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brian Filkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to link to a drawing FROM within the RFI, Observation or Punch List tool would be a very productive enhancement, and one that competing software (BIM360 Field for instance) already has the capability to do!

• Jason Stidham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an option to integrate the drawings into the inspection tool for mark up purposes related to individual quality control inspection items. For example. When completing a quality control inspection via the inspection tool it would be great to be able to pin the correction location to a portion or blow up of the associated drawing sheet. Similar to a punch item. But have this ability inside of the inspection itself. So when the individual items are sent to the subcontractor as a correction that is needed, they can see it's location on the drawing. This would be an option under each inspection item. So for my quality control inspection for metal stud framing, if there is a faulty attachment or wrong stud size I can mark the location on the floor plan and it would be visible under that inspection item.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something that I thought of that would be useful. It would be extremely convenient if there was a way to link and cloud a drawing at the same screen that you are creating the RFI in. Updating the drawings with RFIs is always a pain so if you had the option to link the RFI to the drawings at the same time that you create the RFI, it would make the process a lot quicker. Just a thought that I had and figured it would be worth asking next time you meet with the Procore folks.

Tom Gutowski
    Project Engineer
    c. 774.573.5078

Link a Drawing During Creation of RFI/Submittal

It would be nice if the "related items" tab were actually a section underneath "General" during the actual creation of the RFI or Submittal.

We are running into the problem where participants are downloading and attaching drawings to their submittals/RFIs - so they do not open in our Drawing Tool and we are losing trackability of Mark-ups. If there were a "Link Related Items" section before "attachments" in the create view, that would help users navigate appropriately. Currently they don't realize that capability exists because related items does not appear until AFTER you have created or sent your submittal/RFI.

We are also finding resistance in creating the RFI, then going to the drawing tool and linking with a mark-up. So it would be best to be able to link directly in the creation of the RFI.

On the same note, it would be useful to be able to link an entire drawing set- and not just individual drawings.

Thanks

I know you can go onto the drawing and link an RFI to the drawing, but is there a way when on the RFI theres a link to the exact spot on a drawing.

• Elizabeth Deviney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a separate area in the Punch List tool to put drawings just for punches. This would make it easier to add punches to drawings and find punches on drawings

• Dave B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is Procore thinking as far as a UI for this? I made a mock up for what I thought would be a good starting point... key thing here would be to make this a windowed view and make the mark ups auto-linked to the RFI (or submittal) automatically when creating from within that record.

https://imgur.com/a/WtIYQJ1

• Mitch Keenan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So,
    - a way to group multiple drawings from the drawing tool for a specific submittal. Then allow the people on the submittal to open and mark up drawings without having to close and re-open each drawing as they go.

• Rob Sloyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this feature also logged the dates for the current drawing so that later on we would know what Rev we were on when the RFI was written. Often RFIs are incorporated into later revisions and we want to be able to know why the RFI was written.

• Connor Getting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow tagging from the item's editing page instead of from the drawings. It would be nice if when you click into edit an item you could initiate a tag to the drawings from there rather than having to go to the drawings and remember the item number.

• Gabrielle Robitaille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When generating an observation we should have the ability to link/attach a form, drawing, or specification. Then that link should be present in the notification.

• Molica Boramy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Drawing Markups to carry over when added as an attachment from Drawings when a user responds to an RFI. Currently attached drawings do not display current mark ups even if the drawings have published markups. It only shows mark ups when the RFI is Linked in the drawings itself. Shouldn't it work both ways? Having this be one directional makes the process very cumbersome for users who want to attach a marked up drawing while in RFIs tool.

• Adrienne Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key to the way we work, and what I have experienced in other Electronic Document Management Systems. The workflow assumptions that Procore is making don’t seem to match real life needs.

1. Drawings are issued under Submittal for review.
    2. From the submittal, there needs to be an easy way to select, all at the same time, the drawings being issued under this submittal. Right now, the only thing that can be done is to “relate” drawing revisions one at a time, in a clunky, difficult to read, picklist. It is extremely difficult to isolate the drawings you need. The system I am used to using was clever enough to allow you to select drawings by date, by document set, and even filtered to show you drawings not yet issued under submittal!
    3. When you link drawings to the submittal, the submittal should be easy to see from the drawing, and the drawing should be easy to see from the submittal. (Right now, the only way to recreate this scenario is to place individual mark-ups on each drawing which is unnecessarily administratively time-consuming).

• Raena Loken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the option to link a drawing from the Submittal creation page instead of having to go to the drawing, marking up, and linking.

• Niconia Ackerman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it easier to reference/link RFIs to drawings. Consider developing an automatic link option where the RFI Manager can begin typing into the "Drawing" box when they create their RFI and select from the drawings in Procore for the project. Much like a specification can be selected in the RFI form. The drawing(s) you select will then show up in the drawing's information (not directly on the drawing). It would also be interesting, if the RFI could privately or publicly be dragged and dropped into position on the drawing at a later time.

Creating an RFI on the PC.
    Creating and RFI on the PC is cumbersome. Can Procore adjust the procedure similar to when you click on a detail tag in a drawing and it opens up another window? It would be nice when you create an RFI and you are filling out the information, when you click on drawing number it pulls up a list of all the drawings. When you click on that drawing it opens a secondary window were you can make up that page and then link it to the RFI you are working on. Right now you must create the RFI, put it in draft mode, back out of the RFI page, then go into the drawing, mark up the page to link the RFI. Back out of the Drawing page open the RFI tab then approve the RFI for distribution. I understand the RFI procedure is different on the tablet, however project managers should be able to create RFI's easier.

• Brian Mathys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That is correct. If the drawings have already been uploaded, it would be great to be able to click "link drawings". This would jump to the drawings page where you could click boxes to select multiple drawings that should be linked.

The end product would look similar to if multiple drawings were attached to the submittal. The difference is that the links would jump to the Drawings tab rather than referring to duplicate drawings that are attached specifically to the submittal.

Please let me know if more clarification is needed!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base