How can we improve Procore?

Document Upload under Documents Tab

Put the drag and drop area for Document uploads back on the page when you click on a folder in the Documents Tab. Why was this area hidden under an additional menu with the last update?

I spend half of my time here uploading single documents - having to click another menu seems a time waste after having it almost be automatic before.

32 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dawn Willbanks shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The recent change is one component of a series of changes to the Documents tool.

Our end goal is to modernize the Documents tool and allow for drag/drop anywhere on the screen into a folder, ultimately reducing the steps and increasing the dropzone from today. To accomplish this goal we needed to adjust the user experience to meet current patterns established in Procore with the orange action button being the primary action.

Thank you for your feedback! We have shared your post with the development teams. We will update this space if we have any questions or change the status.

6 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adrienne Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An other frustration is that since this chance, when a document is uploaded into a folder, the folder does not automatically expand to let us add a description to the document. We need to manually refresh the screen in order to see the document and access its metadata. This change was truly not a positive one.

• Robbie Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new upgrade has not enhanced this tool at all. It has actually added several steps. Put it back the way it was!

• Adrienne Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am *really* not a fan of the change. I definitely liked the older method better. Uploading documents is done far more often than creating folders, so a 1 step process has now become 2-3. And the drop-down prioritises folders so I keep accidentally clicking 'folder' when I don't want to.

• Morgan Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others. It's the Documents. The whole reason it exists is for uploads, so hiding the "upload" command from the page is not ideal. Either bring the drag and drop back or make the upload options the most accessible part of the page view.

• Andy Garbers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since the change I've also had issues once I do get the file uploaded it does not show up in the folder. I need to refresh the page to view, rename, or edit the files after I drag and drop them. I need to do this everytime I upload a new file to any of the folders.

• Vickie Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put the drag and drop area for Document uploads back on the page when you click on a folder in the Documents Tab. Why was this area hidden under an additional menu with the last update? It also took away my ability to make comments about why I am uploading a document that is a message for all of the other people viewing these documents. I now have to double the work to do what I use to be able to do in one upload.
    As is it now, I have to make the initial upload, then I have to go to the New Version and re-upload the same document in order to put in my comments. A waste of time when uploading a lot of documents.
    This change is very bad and will increase the amount of work that needs to be done. Please either revert back to the original drag and drop or add a way to make comments at the time a document is being uploaded. And stop making changes that create more work for the users. This isn't the most friendly user program to begin with and your changes keep making it more difficult to navigate around.

Feedback and Knowledge Base