How can we improve Procore?

Bring back Drag and Drop in Documents

Bring back the drag and drop file window in the Documents tool. Ever since you took away the side bar now there is no way to just drag and drop into a file. This has reduced efficiency causing two additional clicks just to upload a document. I realize we can still use Procore Drive, just unsure why you would take away functionality that adds ease of use and less clicks for the user.

27 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gabrielle Robitaille shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

You can still drag and drop in Procore. The steps to perform this action are as follows: – Click on the “New” orange action button
- Select “File upload”
- Drag and drop files into the modal
- Click “Upload” to complete the process

This change to the upload process is a temporary change in conjunction with a larger opportunity the Documents team is taking on to modernize the experience of this highly used tool.

We will bring drag and drop back and it will look better than before!

Thank you so much for your patience and feedback!

14 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Amanda Kerr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It may be a programming issue beyond my understanding, but this definitely made it is worse, before making it better .

• Ali G. Bodder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well. If I have a folder selected the chances of me needing to create another folder are significantly less than having to upload a file. It's an unnecessary step. I also agree with Alex Sellar's comment and don't like having to refresh the page to make sure it uploaded where we didn't need to do that before. Both things overall double the amount of time it used to take

• Alex Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with the prior comments. This may not be overly important but it's definitely irritating on it's own and when looked at in the context of the total mass of bewildering "improvements" Procore feels the need to make it becomes downright infuriating. I wish Procore would stop trying to fix what isn't broken!

• Alex Sellar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the new file upload update with the orange button, the files do not automatically show up in the file tree unless you refresh the page. Before the orange button you did not have to refresh the page. Just an extra step that doesnt need to be there.

• Annette Sommerville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really dislike the new function of having to press new to add a new file. You can still right click on the main folder to add a folder which is great but adding a new file now has an extra step.Sorry more of a fix than an idea.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We DO NOT like the new way to load Documents!! The drop down field in the documents section is adding an additional step to the original process. Please go back to the way it was!

Revert document upload and management back to previous format. The extra steps to upload a folder or file are unnecessary. Also need to be able to rename/remove files once uploaded. Spelling or title mistakes happen as does grabbing the wrong file in error. If they aren't corrected, a junked-up project history remains.

Make it so that we do not need to click many times to complete a very simple task.

Please put the file upload in Documents back to how it was. Most companies have set folders and will be uploading files 10x more than creating new folders. We are constantly uploading files and this new process has been a pain.

• Carlos A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to have the new layout of the documents tool reverted so that there aren't extra steps to upload a document to the tool.

• Matthew Decesare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When uploading a new file there are more clicks than necessary now with the new feature. Please make it faster to access the upload feature.

• Carrie V. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the old way of uploading documents to Procore. Now you have to click new, select new file, and upload, before it wasn't as much selecting.

Put the upload window back. I want to drag document in. Not roll over new, click down on the upload box then drag documents. Less clicks please.

• sandyjohnson@londonbay.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most changes have been good but I do not like this new upload button in Documents. Before it was just click on a folder and drag & drop, now it's extra steps - click folder, hit NEW button, make selection of folder or upload and then drag & drop. This makes uploading items less efficient.

Feedback and Knowledge Base