How can we improve Procore?

Submittal Attachments: Improve the visibility of historical/workflow versions

With the new Submittal PDF View rollout, PDFS attached to workflow responses are no longer linked at the bottom and only appear at the top in the "attachments" section. The ability to customize where attachments appear would be great, since our legal team prefers them next to the responses at the bottom.

77 votes
Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ericka J shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Started  ·  AdminMatt Baum (Product Manager, Procore) responded  · 

All,

Thank you very much for providing this feedback to us. We understand that the recent change is causing some confusion and frustration with your teams and we want address those concerns as quickly as possible. The intention of this change was to bring the attachments front and center for easy access and to make it clear what the most up-to-date attachment is, whether it’s the most recently uploaded or the most recently marked-up/stamped attachment. Clearly we have not fully accomplished this and have missed the mark in providing additional context that you need (previous responses, comments, etc.).

Our team is actively exploring potential changes to make this experience better and we’d love to find time with you to make sure we’re taking steps in the right direction.

Please reach out to me if you’d like to sit down with our team to discuss how we should proceed forward and we’ll find a time to get together.

We constantly strive to improve the Submittals tool for your team and your collaborators. In that effort there are times were we need to iterate to get it right and we can assure you all that we hear your feedback and are actively working to address your concerns.

Thank you for your openness and willingness to let us know when there are further opportunities to improve.

Thank you,
Matt Baum

36 comments

Sign in Sign in with Procore
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nathan Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matt,
    In addition to spotlighting the correct attachment would it be possible for a collaborative markups feature be added to the documents so that designers can leave cloud's, redlines, notes etc...without having to download and upload the doc? Some sort of stamp tied to their identity on the cover placed on the cover when they are done would be great as well. A concurrent review mode would be also nice.

• Tiffany DeJesus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Procore totally missed the mark with this change. It is making things more difficult, causing confusion and wasting time! I have to scroll from the bottom to the top of the page to figure out what step each attachment belongs to, and rely on the history to get better clarity. Please revert to the old view OR make this an individual, project, or company based option.

This is by far the worst change Procore has made in the past 5 years of me using it. Please listen to your users! Bring the old view back!

• Matt Buchter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with most of the commentators about a disassociated organization of linked files in the submittal work flow. In the course of less than a week, our organization has already had several submittals packaged incorrectly by document control personnel resulting in installation delays.

• Ron Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The attachments at the top is the worst. It actually makes more work and is confusing for the new users we recently added to help with our projects. Not having the response next to the attachment can lead to issues in the review of submittals.
    The addition of a pop up (new tab) when downloading a submittal is annoying and spam like. Now we have to close the tab to get back to the page to upload our reviewed submittal. If you are trying to make it more tedious to use, you have succeeded!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concerning the new changes to the submittal tool, I am torn. I like that you can now mark up the attachments easily, BUT having the attachments separate from the workflow is annoying and when you open the document you can't scroll to the next page which is also irritating. If you could change those two things the update would be awesome.

• Lisa Levan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much like the idea of the the Newly added procore mark-up tools in the Submittal tab. This will be a very valuable asset to this function for our group.
    The sequencing of the workflow attachments might need improvement. If we can get all of our approvers on board to use the mark-up tools having only the 1 document to work from is really great but if we can't, the piggybacking of the attachments I think need to be clearer about which one is the most recent attachment

• Sheila Festge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the recent launch of the Viewer, why would you bother making the change with the attachments at the top, when the goal of the Viewer is to just have one attachment? I do agree with everyone else's comments, it's better organized and easier to follow the way it was in the workflow..

• Richard Schultz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with the other comments, having the submittal attachments linked down below in the workflow is much clearer and simpler. It should either be reverted to how it was or else updated so that the attachments appear both at the top and down in the workflow at the same time.

• Kalie Kreischer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Useful to have the attachments at the top, but the full Submittal Workflow needs to be moved too so the attachments are more clearly linked with the responses.

• rtorres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new feature of listing all submittal attachments on the top of the page is horrible! It is confusing everyone who needs to interact with the submittals tab, especially the workflow team. Please return attachments back to the bottom of the page with the workflow response or, at the very least, only list the latest response above, not all. Even this will be confusing if someone replies "Not Reviewed", since an attachment is not necessary. There was no issue with the format of the page before!!!

• Danielle Barone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move the approvers attachments for Submittals back to the workflow box at the bottom of the page. All of our Approvers and admins are complaining about this move and it is discouraging people from Procore!!

Get rid of the attachment bar you just created. Or at least keep the way it was on the bottom. It takes more time to have to look down to see which order I should combine the documents. Vendors have also been complaining it is confusing this way.

• Julie King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am ok with having the attachments at the top, but they need to remain in the workflow as before. It makes it very hard to see which attachment is the final and can lead to someone downloading an attachment in the wrong order.

• Guadalupe Herrera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate how the submittal attachments are at the top. It was much more clear and organized when the attachments were in the approval workflow and you could easily see them with the approver and response. Please change it back to how it was before.

I do not like how the submittal attachments are at the top. It was much more clear and organized when it the attachments were in the approval workflow and you could easily see them with the approver and response.

• Heather Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new download feature being at the top of the submittal doesn't indicated who approved what with what comments. It is very confusing for others to decide which document to download.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base