Feedback for Tasks Beta

Thank you for participating in the Tasks beta! Please make a new suggestion, or vote on an existing one from your peers.

How can we improve Tasks Beta?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Task Tool - Export a task to a PDF

Need to be able to export a task to a PDF where the attachments are hyperlinked to the document.

We have people who are responding to items, but we have no way to export the completed Task.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk Edit of Tasks

Need to add bulk editing functionality to Tasks. This should allow several bulk edit features such as:

- Assignees
    - Privacy
    - Location (need to add this field)
    - Status

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add priority categories for Tasks

I think adding priority categories would be useful.
    Not everything is high priority, but you would still want to track the task. The current configuration makes everything appear to have the same priority level.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Export log to a PDF and what it shows

The export to PDF features of the task log should give you options like the RFI tool does where you can export the log with:

- All responses
    - Official Response only
    - Just the log itself

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Task "Official Response"

Should borrow the feature from the RFI tool where you can tag the "Official Response" for a given task when it is closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Task Notifications

When the configuration "cog" is added, it would be helpful if it had a section for email notifications, (just like RFI's have) so that you can choose how you want notifications to occur.

When a task is created currently, you get a notification email of that. However, you get no notifications of any activity afterwards. You should be able to choose which notifications you get for the following events:

1. When a comment is added to the task, creator or assignee (and eventual distribution list) get an email notifying them of that. It should be built so that the person…

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add location selection

Need to add a field to allow tagging tasks with locations. This will allow you to find tasks associated with those locations.

Also, location needs to be a filter option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a time deadline as well as date, and configure reminders

We would like to see a time option added to the deadline. example 12:00 p.m. on 12/20/2017. Also would like to see the email reminder to be configurable. Example, add people to distribution of reminder to see if its overdue, and able to add reminder daily, weekly, monthly, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Task Tool - Add Configurable Task Types

Allow the creation of configurable task types (like punch list lets you). This would let you create different task types that should be filterable. You could have types like:

- Owner
    - Field
    - Admin
    - Risk

But you need to be able to define them as you need them, just like Punch List Tool allows you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Task category sorting like Trello

tasks are cards that can be sorted into different status columns and then converted into other tool once enough information is gathered

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Task List Link to Other Tools

A great feature would be an option to add open tasks from other tools (meeting minutes, inspections, submittals, RFI's, etc). Maybe the list would incorporate any open task that is due within the week.

Maybe this is a separate section called HOT Items that would populate at the top of the screen.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create an excel template to upload

Right now I have a running excel list of open items...it would be great if you could upload this into Procore similar to submittals.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Color Coding Based on Due Date

Add a color coding option that highlights or changes the color of the task to show critical or urgent due dates.

I would also like the ability to filter by title...

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 12 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Comments

I don't know why Procore is so stingy with having places to add notes and comments, but this is another tool that is without that essential feature (they need to be someplace where people can see them, not hidden away). Please take a look at existing task management apps to see what industry standard is these days. At a minimum, we should be able to comment and "@" mention someone. Having email as the sole communication tool is so 20th century, please upgrade!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Distribution list, similar to RFI's

It would be good to be able to add people to a distribution list for each task. These people would receive an email, even though they aren't the assignee or the creator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Link Task to Drawing

It would be great if the Task module could be added to link to a drawing. This could keep track on items per floor and also associate them to a drawing object or sheet per trade.

11 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a new STATUS option in the dropdown menu called ONGOING

I would like to see an additional “status” in the dropdown menu called “Ongoing.” As a Project Manager, there are many tasks on a project that I need to perform periodically, such as sending progress reports and updates, checking for safety meeting logs, sending budget updates, etc. Sometimes I assign these tasks to Project Engineers or Superintendents as well. It would also be nice if I could set a recurring reminder for these Ongoing tasks, similar to the Recurrence function in MS Outlook Calendar Appointments. It would be possible to set reminders to ping you weekly, monthly, on the first…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Type Field (Filterable)

It would be nice to be able to assign a type to a task item. I would like to be able to create my own types like in other tools, but they would be used to separate things such as Field Task, Office Task, Owner Task, Design Team Task etc. That way we can filter (once filtering becomes available) to the types that apply to different areas, and manage the open tasks more efficiently.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assignee

Two items it would be quicker to run through each task if i could start typing the name of the assignee and it would start filtering the names, instead of scrolling through the entire list.

Also i can see the ability to hit multiple assignee's to be a plus. If i have a task that requires multiple people to respond or collaborate to complete the task.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback for Tasks Beta

Feedback and Knowledge Base